Sunday, October 6, 2013

Football and Crochet!

Today is Sunday!   That means football!  And, since I have to sit still, for the most part,, to watch football, then I might as well crochet.   Right?  I would do a little ironing, but you know how I feel about Sundays.  Fun things!  Tomorrow, maybe, ironing and back to the shed.  A little, at least.

Yesterday, I found a pretty white tablecloth at a yard sale ( love yard sales ) , but I don't want white, so I tea-dyed it, and it is perfect!  Now, I had seen a nice idea on Pinterest where they took doilies and sewed them around the edge of the tablecloth, and I loved it.  I have some old doilies that I don't know what to do with, so voila!, that's what I am going to do.  I know already that I don't have enough, so this week, I'll have an excuse to do some yard sales.  They are in abundance in the Fall and the Spring, here in our community in Arizona, so I hope to find some pretty doilies.  This may take awhile, cause I don't have a sewing machine, and it will have to be all hand sewing.

My herb garden is doing well, (Sept. 8 Post).  Haha.  I have been using some of the basil and oregano, and thyme, which has been nice.  I so long for a garden, but....., so I do with what I have.  I love the photos of and ramblings about, other bloggers' gardens!

I also have another nice project I want to work on soon, while it is cooler.  That is an old drop leaf table that was my mother's.  I am not sure what I want to do with it, but I am thinking painting it a pretty robins egg blue, or light turquoise.  Any ideas????  I'm open to ideas.  I'm going to use it in my kitchen, and move my white wrought iron and glass table with chairs to the patio.

Well,  I wish a enjoyable, blessed Sunday to you all.  Thank you for your comments.  I welcome more, if you feel inclined.  Have a great day!

Later.......  JO


No comments:

Post a Comment