Saturday, October 19, 2013

Housecleaning!

Hellooooo......

I know, housecleaning is not the most interesting subject of the day, but it is my subject of the day, I am afraid.  I am not a meticulous housekeeper, but I do like me house to be somewhat orderly, and it is NOT at the moment.  Sooooo...... I must do some housework today.  Of course, I started out the day in bed, with my cup of tea, reading blogs of all the interesting things others are doing and I am not,  and started longing to just sit and crochet all day, but I scratched that thought quickly, came in the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, and loaded last night's dishes.  See, I hadn't even done last night's dishes.

We had strawberry shortcake for dinner last night.  Just that.  Do you ever do that?  We had had a nice  lunch out together and weren't very hungry (look at these bowls, does that look  like we weren't very hungry? )lol, and I had a nice bowl of fresh strawberries in the fridge, so that's what we had. Anyway, so I have been working on my house this morning, and this afternoon;  cleaning the kitchen, dishes, laundry, picking up things left around the house, junk mail, and organizing in general.  Then,tomorrow, when it is Crochet and Football day, I can relax and crochet.  I hope.  Today is Red Sox day, game four of the playoffs, and I can't miss that game.  Actually that is soon, and I have to pick up Noah from work.  Better get cracking!

Later.......JO.         Go, Red Sox!!

6 comments:

  1. I love dessert for dinner and strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite desserts of all. :) It sounds like you had a really busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Popped over to say hello! Dessert only? You and I are on the same page! I'd do this all the time if I could! And strawberry shortcake too... Yummy! Lovely to "meet you" Jo - have a lovely Sunday! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you, too! The shortcake was perfect. xxoo. JO.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hello Joanne, thank you for visiting one of the creative moments on my blog! I have just finished my Christmas wreath, so you will have plenty of time to make one, I'm sure!
    No, don't take the age thing get you down - embrace who you are now! It's still a wonderful place to be! I know that because I'm there! I love writing my comment surrounded by books. I feel as if I'm in a library!
    I'm not sure what strawberry shortcake is, but it looks very good and very generous!! Have a wonderful Sunday. Greetings from Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra - strawberry shortcake usually is not put in a b owl like I showed, but it is a biscuit, sweetened a bit, and I add cream into the mix, then cut in half, strawberries in the middle and on top of second half of shortcake. Whipped cream, if you like, and then my hubby likes milk in his. Google it and maybe you can see a photo of it.
      Thank you for your nice comments, and yes, I am learning to live in,the moment, and be grateful for who I am today. Looking forward to seeing photos of your Christmas wreath. xxoo. JO

      Delete
  4. Oops! I changed one of my sentences mid-stream and it should read: "... don't LET the age thing get you down"!

    I'm having problems with reading the word verification to prove I'm not a spammer... I do rather hate those things and find them a deterrent to leaving comments...

    ReplyDelete