Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tea, Crochet, Football and Baseball

Yes, this is a full day!  First, there was TEA!  How I love tea!  There were several others there at our virtual tea party hosted by  MUM of  mumssimplyliving@blogspot.com.  A big Thank You to her for organizing this wonderful day, having fun together, and learning from one another.  This is what mine started out looking like.
As the day wore on, we ate most of our little goodies, and drank tea, hubby & me.  So this what it looks like now.  We did save some goodies for Noah when he gets home from work.  
I'm full    from all that food, so now I am     making applesauce.  Yes, I finally bought some apples to make applesauce.  If this comes out good, then I will make more.  It's kind of expensive, but I don't care.  I want homemade applesauce, and I WILL have it!        
So now that is all done, now there is football, baseball layer, and crocheting in the meantime.  Actually, I'm putting together this green blanket that I started awhile ago.  And then I have to put the baby blanket together, too, as all the pieces are ready for that.  So let me go enjoy the rest of this day!  Love you all, and welcome your comments and visits.  Thank you for listening to me!   lol.  Later.....JO 
      
 
 OH,  yes, I am sorry, but there are more pictures here than I intended, and I can't get them off.  xxoo

5 comments:

  1. Jo, I wish I could pass some apples to you, I have made jams, jellies, chutneys, relishes and gallons of apple sauce. I have several apple trees in my garden and every one was fully laden with fruit. I am consumed with crochet envy, i will find someone to teach me one day.Tea was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - I'll tell you what! I'll come pick up a couple of bushels of apples and I'll teach you to crochet in return. If only I could. I LOVE apples, and like you, I used to make apple butter, pies, applesauce, (tons). I bought two five pound bags for this applesauce and it was $5 each. It was nice to meet you, and I hope we chat more later. xxooJO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne, I love freshly-made applesauce. I have an apple tree in my backyard and most years it gives me tons of apples that I make sauce and fruit leather with but this year it didn't give much fruit. It was disappointing because we got a lot of use from those apples. I love the idea of a virtual tea party! That quilt is so pretty. And the squares look lovely, that is going to be a very nice baby blanket. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Oh, to have an apple tree in my yard! When I lived in Massachusetts, we had two! But, alas, here in Arizona I have none. But I have orange and grapefruit trees, and so enjoy the fruits of those trees when they come about, in late December , January. You are north of where I live and so you get some colder weather. It is not quite so cool here yet, but I am appreciating the days we have now. Thanks for visiting. xxoo. JO

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful Autumn post Jo. I can smell those apples cooking the crisp Autumn air!

    ReplyDelete