Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tea Party!

Finally, the day has come for our tea party.  It's my first time visiting, so pardon me for being late.  Also, I'm in the USA, so the time difference is confusing for me.  Today, tea is hosted by MUM, and we thank her for being such a wonderful hostess.

I am so excited to join the tea party, and all I have left to share with you are goodies, but who doesn't love goodies.  Mine is a Rustic Fall themed tea party, since it is such lovely Fall weather.  I have lots of hot tea ready for you, an excellent Earl Grey, with lavender.  Wonderful!  And tho they have disappeared already, I had cucumber sandwiches with mint butter, chicken salad with walnuts, and sliced turkey, cream cheese and whole cranberry sauce.  Yum, they were good.  Hubby loved them.  What's left is just as good tho, and that is scones, with jam, cream puffs, banana/strawberry muffins, and little pumpkin cakes with cream cheese frosting.  Enjoy!!  And do try that tea!

This has been great fun and I hope you enjoy my Rustic Fall theme.  We must enjoy tea whenever we can!  It's been fun visiting with you all, and seeing how you "do" tea!  Love you all!     Later.........JO

12 comments:

  1. Jo, welcome, and what a wonderful spread. I love how you decorate for Fall over there and I wish I'd been there earlier to sample the sandwiches. Luck Hubby! Hope you've made some new friends and best wishes from us all over here.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mum, and it was my pleasure to be there. Thank you so much for inviting me, and I can't wait for next year's tea! This was such fun, seeing what each person did for their tea. And I got to crochet today, and watch football, and there is baseball coming up later. What a wonderful day. xxoo JO

      Delete
  2. I would love to be there in the fall. We have a massive storm brewing tonight & don't think there will be many autumn leaves on the trees by tomorrow.
    I love your bench seat with the heart & pumpkin garland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw that you said there was a storm coming. We have a little cooler weather here now that it is Fall, but we get very few storms. I miss the rain, and enjoy it now when it does rain, because I know it won't rain for a week straight. Haha. Thank you for your comments. I also love that bench, and was very excited when I found it at a local tea shoppe/antique shop.. I really enjoyed getting to know all of you a little more through this lovely tea. xxoo JO

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful Fall tea and it sounds like you're having a really lovely Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and I enjoyed visiting everyone else's tea, too! xxoo JO

      Delete
  4. YAY! Someone in my time zone !! I'll hang around to help with clean up..the folk in the UK have to get back before the storm hits.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane - I went thru a lot of your blog, and I love the view from your window, and the changing scene we see. Especially the snow, as we don't see any here. Enjoyed the tea! xxoo JO

      Delete
  5. Hello Joanne
    Nice to meet you! It's 11:06pm here but I'm a night bird so I can be frequently found on my desktop at this time of night or even later. That is why I'd greatly appreciate a little something to nibble and washed down with a delicious cup of Earls Grey. Glad to hear you like "churros" I've never met anyone who doesn't and dipped in the thick hot chocolate they sell here which is a local product is scrumptious!!! Many thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments :-)
    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Joanne
    Thank you so much for popping in yesterday - it was lovely to meet you.
    I must say you really did put on a good show at your house - autumn colours at their best. Beaut runner with the flying geese pattern on the hall bench and that delicious looking china crockery as well.
    The Golfer loves it when I do things out of the ordinary - and by the sound of it your Hubby does too!
    I'm following your blog now so hope to catch up with all the day to day things you get up to
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - thank you for your kind comments, and for following me. The runner was made by my sister, who passed away 1 1/2 years ago, and the china was my mother's, so I felt they were there with me. I miss them. We loved to have tea together. Yes, my hubby gets kick out of my doings! xxoo. JO

      Delete