Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Beef Stew

Hello All!

And welcome to all of my followers out there.  It is so nice to see all of your blogs, and happenings too!  You are so creative and fun, and lovely.  I am so glad I found this blogging world, because I get to see so much that I would otherwise not have access to.  Others' crocheting, cooking, decorating and nature!  I love all the photos of nature that I see from different parts of the country and of the world!

As I may have intimated in previous posts, I am a caregiver for my husband, and so I don't get out very far from home, or where I would see more of nature.  No garden, as I just don't have the time or patience for it anymore, but I miss it terribly.  It was such a wonderful way to rid myself of stress, and to get so much satisfaction from.  Now, I must content myself with an occasional ride out into the country, and using crochet and blogging as my outlets.   Once in awhile I talk hubby into a long ride for the day, and I enjoy it to the hilt!!

Anyway, I spend a lot of my time cooking, as I still can enjoy that, and I get so many ideas from blogs, and Pinterest.   Yesterday, I used a recipe from The Pioneer Woman blog.  Beef stew.  I haven't made stew in a long time.  My Mom used to make stew a lot when I was a child, as I was one of ten, and stew went a long ways to feed that bunch!  But she didn't use much for herbs and spices, so I like to try new recipes.  This one was a keeper.   We had my brother over to watch the football game, and he loved the stew.   And the homemade biscuits, also from Ree's site.  You can find her recipes on her Pinterest board, too.  

Check out my Pinterest boards, if you like,  as I think I have some interesting things there.  But very homey, as that is Me!   I like the home crafts of cooking, homemaking, and making things yourself.  I am an old-fashioned girl, I guess.   So here is my beef stew.
You would think that at 70 years young, I would have perfected my recipes, but no, I haven't.  I am always finding new ways to do things.  Aren't we all?  That is the way of things.  That is progress.  That is how we grow.  I love it.  I love the old ways, but I like add new ways to the old ways, if that makes sense!  

In other news, my grandson has a new job, which I pray will lead him to find new things, too!  Good luck, my sweet.  

I am already thinking out and planning Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday of the year, which we will, as usual, host.  

So, I am busy as I can be and I will talk to you all...............Later........JO

No comments:

Post a Comment